Monday 26 December 2011

Aql aur Dil



The Intelligent Heart, The Pure Heart: An insight into the Heart based on the Qur’an, Sunnah and Modern Science by Dr Gohar MushtaqI really love this piece of verse entitled “Aql aur Dil” (Intellect and Heart) by Mohammad Iqbal from the above mentioned book on pages 19-20.

“Intellect (brain) one day said to the heart: 

‘I am a guide to those who have gone astray

Though bound to earth, I reach the heaven above Just see how far reaching is my sway

I am cast in the mould of the legendary Khidhr I am destined in the world to show the way



I am the interpreter of the book of life I am an attribute of divine display



You are only a drop of blood I am the envy of ruby’s ray.’



‘This is all true’, replied the heart ‘But look at me, be as it may



You look at the life’s trauma and drama I see through life’s white and grey



You deal with outer manifestations And I am aware of the inner fray



Knowledge is to you, intuition to me You seek God, I show how to pray



Limit of wisdom is restless doubting I am cure for the malady of dismay



You are a lantern to illuminate a spot I am a lamp to illuminate the path



You deal with time and space I deal with Judgement Day



To what lofty place do I belong? I am the pedestal of God Almighty, I say.’ ” 





Sometimes we say, we must have brains but we forget that we must have a working heart to be brainy. We often hear doctors day a patient is ‘brain dead’.. some say vegetable or just vege.. but never ‘heart dead’. Because if we’re ‘heart dead’, obviously we’ll be DEAD! But when we’re ‘brain dead’, the heart is still pumping.. only that the brain is unable to send signals to other parts of the body to fully function in other aspects.

Question : Is the brain mightier than the heart OR Is the heart mightier than the brain?
Answer : Read The Intelligent Heart, The Pure Heart.. ;P


No comments:

Post a Comment