Saturday 24 December 2011

Just For Fun



An English pronunciation test, which was first found on a British newspaper (no credits goes to me, evidently! I'm just sharing it with you..).. which I found to be very interesting.. ;)

I take it you already know
Of tough and bough, and cough and dough?
Some may stumble, but not you,
On hiccoughthoroughslough and through?
So now you are ready, perhaps,
To learn a less familiar traps?
Beware of heard, a dreadful word
That looks like beard and sounds like bird.
And dead, it's said like bed not bead;
For goodness' sake, don't call it deed!
Watch out for meat and great and threat.
(They rhyme with suite and straight and debt.)
moth is not a moth in mother, 
Nor both in botherbroth  in brother.


Can you pronounce the bold-ed words correctly?
If so, hurrah for you!
If not, check the dictionary for further explanation.
Haha, enjoy.!


Hope you enjoyed that..  I had.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment